Hi everyone, I desired to post to all of you what I would do if I had the chance to rebuild this masterpiece! Legend of Dragoon Rebuilding
Let’s begin by talking about difficulty. I would give the player the option to pick 4 different difficulty level.
- Easy: Adversaries have lesser support, cannot counter additions, and overall are dumber in terms of AI.
- Normal: Very little to say, just the standard difficulty.
- Hard: Adversaries have overabundance support, health and other gambling, increase addition counter rate, adversaries may instil status changes, adversaries will have better AI, healing themselves in time of need and focusing in approaching yellow or red opponents more.
- Dragoon: Adversaries have even more support, health and other gambling increased, adversaries now always try to counter additions, adversaries may instil status changes, adversaries will now avert slightly more additions, adversaries will have better AI, healing themselves and focusing on injured opponents more, adversaries now will almost always attack with the proper element an opponent (Only rarely will Dart get mauled by a fire attack, but will almost always be mauled by a water attack if the adversary can do it).
New gameplay modalities.
- Classic Mode: in this mode, you’ll play the game just like the old times, but with improved looks of course.
- Remake Mode: in this mode, you’ll play the game with a different combat system that I’ll explain more down.
- Alternative Mode (with Classic or Rebuilding gameplay): in this mode, there will be one major plot change + some minor plot changes. And what will happen is: instead of Lavitz dying, King Albert will. Lloyd will escape with the silent celestial body diamond, and Lavitz will desire to pursue him to avenge his friend King Albert, retrieve the silent celestial body diamond for his country Bale, and defend the kingdom from whatever Lloyd is planning. Dart will pursue him because of what are the results with Shana. Later on, instead of Albert falling fond of Emille, we’ll have Lavitz and Miranda falling in love for each other. Miranda will deeply change her behaviour and character after meeting Lavitz and Company. because she’s going to be kind of entranced by him and his sense of loyalty, and respect for the knighthood. She’s going to study from him how to properly
treat people under her command and she’s going to be a more passionate and fair captain.
- New Game Plus mode: after completing the game you will have the option to replay it at the current difficulty level. Some things will carry over others won’t (to be decided). Adversaries will be repositioned with each playthrough. For example, now in Helena The penitentiary rather than the simple Warden you’ll find Senior Warden and on rare occasion some new types of adversaries exclusive to New Game +. This kind of change will occur for every location in the game. Kazas will have Elite Sandoras (rarely some Gigantos), etc.
- Increased number of party members from three to four.
- Shana/Miranda will are in possession of additions! 4 additions to be precise.
- Lavitz won’t need during the second visit on Hellena The penitentiary. ● Haschel won’t need during the fight with Gehrich.
- All characters will earn the same amount of exp as active party members. For example, if a fight nets you 12k exp, Dart and his 3 other companions will earn a total of 3k each, but so will the benched characters.
- The final Red-Eyed Dragoon spell will now properly display a damage number of 75% instead of 175%.
- The final White Silver Dragoon spell will now properly display a damage number of 75% instead of 100%
- The Dark Dragoon spell Demon’s Gate will now deal 40% damage to all, in addition to instantly kill minor adversaries.
- Lavitz will now still earn exp after the second fight with Freugel.
- Ability to now go back-back to normal form after transformation. (i still don’t know for sure about this)
- Now Dragoon additions and Dragoon spells will count towards
Dragoon-Levels. This is because this way, even when adjusting in Dragoon, you’ll still be able to level up your Dragoon, thus making more useful adjusting into Dragoon. Back in the old game, you could Now at the beginning of compact disk 4 when given the option, you’ll be able to come back to Lohan to take part in a new Idol Competition as well as simulating a fight against an adversary in the game. Winning the competition will give you a nice reward to be decided. This may be done in a New Game
Plus gameplay, the first time you visit Lohan, after the original Idol
Competition Exclusive to New Game Plus will be the capacity to imitate a fight against every Boss in the game.
- Of course, it’s obvious that voice acting and translation will be fixed.
- A more descriptive World Map will be made.
- Now every part of a Virage body will regrow over time except the pinnacle.
- argue to not transform into dragoon early, and use a lot of additions to level up it first and only then use changes. Now you have a new reason
Finally Rebuilding Mode. In this mode you’ll play the game with a different combat system, to modernize it to today’s standards. Let’s be honest, not all players will like turn-based combat even the superb one Dragoon had. So to make sure Dragoon gets the maximum amount of success possible I’ve been thinking about this gameplay, for those players but for us as well if we want to experience something different! to transform into Dragoon since that will not stop you from levelling in legend of dragoon remastered.
Also just like in Dark People and Bloodborne, items will be easy to get to. By pressing the issued button you’ll use the selected item. If I have Gushing Magma and press for example Sq, the controlled character will launch it just like in Dark People a blast is launched. When and if you hit the opponent I have to decide whether the minigame of pressing X rapidly begins, or if the entire item will just perform and thus cutting that minigame aside. In Dragoon Form ditto just with the Dragoon advantages/limitations. You won’t be able to use items, you’ll move and dodge faster thanks to Dragoon wings, you’ll still be able to perform light and strong attacks, with the issued button you’ll perform the dragoon addition, while with a combination of two buttons you’ll be able to perform the four different spells. For example L2+X and you’ll do FlameShot, L2+O will do Exploding market etc. Even though you have wings, you won’t be able to fly too much up in the air. Why not a bit, but not too much high. I don’t know.
Lastly, one thing I didn’t that is comparable to, was the fact that some character like Meru for example, even though she is a Wingly, she won’t be able to perform any special attack related to her race/role. So would like to change that, both in Classic and Rebuilding mode, by adding a special ability for each character, based on their race and role. For example, Meru uses one special wingly spell, with wings taken from her back etc. Similar to Lenus or Lloyd for example. Or Shana using her famous special power coming from the Silent celestial body, this wiped out Urobolus. Things like that: )#)
I hope you like these things, I think I wrote everything I had in mind. I would enjoy a Rebuilding no matter what because this is my favourite game of all time, but I would like a Rebuilding with these options/changes/adjustments.